Saturday, January 28, 2006

Finally read a Harry Porter

Yes, that is correct. I finally read my first Harry Porter book. Younger cousins of mine have been after my life, for what seems like a life time to read Harry Porter, but I always refused thinking it would be too kiddy and I would hate it and it would be such a waste of time, especially when there is so much more stuff to read out there.
But to my surprise....I actually liked the book quite a bit. The only reason I really took it up was because of how small it was. When my cousin first handed the book to me, I thought it was an abridged version(something else I dislike-but cant hate cause thats how I actually started reading. Its actually quite shocking to me that I enjoy reading now. As a kid I hated it). And she said it was not. So I decided that this book would be done in 4 days tops, and started right away. Sure you can feel its written so that children can read it, but there was nothing too kiddy about it. I guess its cause the other has writen it in such a way. You read about Harry and instantaniously want to know more about him. About his life. About what is going to happen to him....
I enjoyed it. Looking forward to book too. Lets hope someone I know owns a copy. (I never buy books cause the ones I buy I never end up reading and therefore just end up wasting my money.)

1 comment:

Ketan said...

Oh, I too had started reading Harry Potter as one of the family friends' daughter was pestering me to, and I found it engaging, but not excessively so compared to other engaging stuff that I've read.

So basically, in my entire life, I've just read 4 to 5 pages of HP!