Monday, March 31, 2008

17 Only...

Attended blogcamp this year (found it quite a waste of time - will have a post about that later) and had a bunch of (if I may say) obnoxious 'kids' talking back to the talkers. While I didn't like their attitude too much I was totally blown over by the amount they know about the internet. It wasn't funny. So later I actually started a conversation (small one) with 2 of them and found that one of them was a CEO and he was 17 years old.

I was so shocked. His colleague was older but didn't look too old either maybe at the most 10 years old and the other kid with them was a friend who was also 17 years old.

It is pretty pathetic to see such young people know so much. Makes me jealous. I didn't even really understand then net at 17 and here were people who were on top of everything that happened in the online world.

I need to be more focused for sure.

7 comments:

Cosmic Joy said...

What is a blog camp??

Cosmic Joy said...

What is a blog camp??

Deepali said...

BlogCampMumbaiStyle

Killing.Time said...

I don't know what you mean by "talking back to the talks" but BlogCamp is meant to be an unconference.

People are encouraged to say if they didn't like a topic or a talk and vote on topics that should get more time, blah blah.

About the 17 year old CEO, if you start your own company, you can call yourself anything you like! :D

broca's area said...

to be frank its all abt marketing..just to increase their reputation they call themselves ceo!!:)

Deepali said...

@ ashwan - I wouldn't start my own company - at least not anytime soon.

@ brocasarea - True but this guy does run a 'company' so he is a CEO. Don't know how many clients the company might have or what revenue it must be generating but he does have a business that looks set in place. Thanks for dropping by.

kyamaloom said...

LOL! :P