Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Holi...

The holi highlight of the year was most definitely Khushboo saying 'Deepaliiiiiii pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee you don't need to say it. Everyone would figure that you don't play holi'.
Lol you all know me too well.

I hate the smell of the colours and I fall ill if I am wet for too long. So I totally avoid Holi. I don't miss it though. So it's all good.

This year though we didn't play 'catch' with water balloons :( maybe later in the day. Use to be hilarious when we would - everyone is so scared, not of dropping the balloon but rather of seeing that the balloon is far away from their body and that they catch it softly.

Anyway here's wishing everyone a colourful day :)

PS - I know the abridged version of why we play holi (which is so good cause I am not into mythology and cause lots of people around don't know why the festival is played).

6 comments:

Cosmic Joy said...

Happy Holi to you too! Speaking of colors, makes me wonder how color-blind people view it all :)

Solitaire said...

I did not like to play holi when I was in India..
People did not stick to dry colors and before we knew it, we would have eggs, ketchup, oil paints, and what not on our face, hair, and everywhere!!

annucool15 said...

hey what khushboo said is so true! anyone who knows you even a li'l bit would know that you won't like playing holi. Wat's this catch the ballons?

Deepali said...

@ cosmic - good question. i have no idea.

@ solitaire - you are true i keep hearing of ppl using weirder things to play holi with - this year was shoe polish - yuck

@ anu - haha ya man holi just isnt my thing. catch basically is just catching - like kamlesh loves to play in office - so instead of a ball we use to use water balloons and we use to try and make them big enough that they become difficult to be casual with :)

Killing.Time said...

@cosmic-joy: Although there are a few people that see things in black and white (shades of grey actually) they are very very rare. Most colour-blind people are "blind" only in the sense that some colours that are distinct to normal people are seen as the same colour to them.

So they see the colours, it's just they appear different to them. :)

Here's a nice post about what colour-blind people see: http://critiquewall.com/2007/12/10/blindness

And here's a web-designer who is colour blind: http://spellcoder.com/blogs/mostafa/archive/2006/08/20/317.aspx

Cosmic Joy said...

@ashwan - Thank you for the clarification and the interesting information links. I never had an idea what color-blind really meant. Now I know :)