Saturday, August 23, 2008

I love Google...

And I am not saying this because we got free Google sweatshirts, Pen Drives and Pens.

I love the AdWords platform. It's the most brilliant things every. I know we crib and we bitch but seriously it makes PPC advertising such a breeze.

And it's brilliant not only because it's easy to use and efficient to advertise but it's also complex in the sense that they have thought of nearly everything.

And they just keep scaling the system. Adding to it. Modifying it. Plugging into it. Google will not have a competitor when it comes to advertising platform at least for the next couple of years (I would have said decade or so but things changes fast on the internet).

Don't know why they such at their SNS - Orkut use to be the big thing but that was only till people got more options.

Their mail client totally rocks (though I hate how you can't have folders in gmail). As does their chat client. As does nearly everything they do whether it's google docs, google earth, analytics, website optimizer, adsense, froogle. The list goes on.

3 comments:

Che said...

Their mail client totally rocks (though I hate how you can't have folders in gmail)

bingo. it would make life so much easier. i dont like tagging mails.

Deepali said...

The problem with tagging is I still end up seeing ALL mails. While it's quite easy to search with tagging, I would prefer both options of tagging and browsing.

Tall Guy said...

Yeah very true

Google is way ahead in its league.

I also hate the fact of not able to create folders in gmail. Wonder what made them think that.

Other than that, I am trying out the new tools it keeps coming out with.