Thursday, January 22, 2009

Music that moves you...

I believed that the best music moves you. Not makes you move (which is also the kind of music I like) but moves you. It must be sound that resonates with your soul. Just hearing that sound should make you feel that you are somewhere else. When it starts you should want to shut your eyes and just feel something good inside of you (I am not sure if happiness is the right word here). It should be sound that you just want to keep listening to.

While I listen to a lot of songs over and over, it is rare for me to feel like I am some place else. Rare for me to want to just close my eyes and take it all in.

When I saw the intro of Cold Case towards the end of last year though, I went crazy. Not only is the music so great but the visuals fit so well with the sounds. I also enjoyed the show and I am kind of upset that it would play in the middle of the afternoon and that now they actually stopped airing it (Star World). Sucker for police dramas that I am.

Anyway below is the intro -




Below is the full song (in case you liked the music). It's called Nara by E S Posthumus. Just totally brilliant.


No comments: