Thursday, January 22, 2009

Impressed by Colours...

The TV channel that is. Now I am known for not watching 'hindi' serials. I mean all the saas-bahu rona-dhona nonsense I can't handle.

Recently though I find myself watching 2 shows regularly on Colours. Balika Vadhu and Jeevan Saathi. Never watched them when they started but with sister and mom watching regularly and going on about them, I thought I should check them out. I did and I find that Balika Vadhu while ridiculously showing a KID happily (and naively) married off, actually talks about social issues. It is nicely created. Jeevan Saathi I like for 2 reasons currently. I like Aamir Dalvi (playing the character of Ishwar) and there is going to be revenge that is going to be taken soon. I always love when the bad guys have to pay for what they have done :)

What is impressive about the shows is that they seem to be pre-planned properly. It doesn't seem something happens just because they couldn't do something else. It seems like everything that happens was suppose to happen because that was the way the makers of the show wanted it from the start.

I think I will continue to watch.

Even Chote Miyan rocks.

No comments: