Sunday, December 09, 2007

Which one...

The other day, my mom asked me which of my cousins was my favourite cousin (it was not a random question).

I realize that while it wasn't hard to list my cousins out in terms of preference, it was hard admitting the preferences because on certain things you are suppose to be non bias and if you do have a bias, it must not show.

Anyway mom didn't judge obviously because she believes you can have a list / levels of liking, but I still hated naming names (she wouldn't let me go till I told her my order).

I know I hate doing this stuff - why can't we just have like v/s dislike? I mean I can rank movies, I can rank TV shows, I can rank songs, I can rank subjects (and say it all out loud) but ranking people in some order and then stating it is just wrong.
My issue isn't with having judgments and notions about people, it's about partiality.

I don't know the whole experience was icky (distasteful)

5 comments:

Cosmic Joy said...

I can understand the awkwardness of the situation.

I wonder what the purpose of the question was :)

Deepali said...

That I am not going to put down in the blog.

'A story for another day'.

Deepali said...

And btw how come online on a weekend?

Cosmic Joy said...

And I wont be putting the answer to your question down here .. maybe a story for another day :)

Deepali said...

Haha finally YOU have a story for another day :p