Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nearly flew a kite...

Yup yup yup...finallyyyyy had a kite flying session and learned a few things about how to fly a kite.

Firstly it was tougher than I thought it would be. Secondly there is a science and art to it. Thirdly I never quite got a kite to fly but I understood the technique that is required which I think is good enough to be able to try again and get a hang of it.

Got my friend to leave half a dozen kites and manjha with me. Will go back to the terrace sometime this week and give it another go :)

It was great fun and I finally got to do something I had wanted to since many years.

Special thanks to Tilak for taking the effort and trying to have a lot of patience in trying to teach us. Thanks also to Nams, Jyo, Aarts and Resh for being just as bad at kite flying :p I didn't feel like the only slow person there hehe.

2 comments:

Neelofer said...

I missed it :( I miss my school and college days when i use to fly kite with my bros... use to climb on the water tank on the terrace since it use to be the highest point..miss those days...

Deepali said...

Next year on Jan 14th bunk office (if you will be at an office) and go fly kites :)