Tuesday, July 15, 2008

www.climatecrisis.net

When will people realize that climate change is not going to affect all of us personally. It won't be direct and disastrous for every single one of us.

We have to just believe that climate change is affecting us badly and that pollutions WILL affect not just climate but the entire earth.

I swear I hate the debate on Global Warming and whether humans are speeding it up or not. And I bet even just on my blogs you will find I have said this a number of times. The point is pollutions in the atmosphere, the soil, the seas is obviously NOT GOOD. And yet we keep pollution.

Just watch The Inconvenient Truth today. Didn't like how it was made. It was highly dramatized around Al Gore. The whole movie seemed like his life struggle to do something rather than the real issue at hand.

Anyway the one thing I hate about most activists is that they want people to totally turn over a new leaf. They want extremist action. I think it would ALWAYS be wiser to ask LOTS of people to make little changes then get a few people to make a lot of changes. There are multiple reasons I think a 'small impact by large group' is a better approach. One of the most obvious being that more people are involved. They are aware. The other being that I think 1000 people shutting the tap while brushing their teeth would have more of an impact than 10 people switching to a life with only public transport. The other obvious thing is that it is easier to get lots of people to turn of their tap while they brush than it is to get people to not depend on their cars.

You give people ways to conserve resources which will not change their lifestyle majorly, they will accept the change. But you ask someone to make a change that will change the way they are use to living - well best of luck.

Small changes big difference - A game of the masses. Not just a handful of people.

Aghhhh I hate just ranting about this stuff. An environmental NGO is I think where I will be working for the next 3 months. It makes the most sense. It's something I am passionate about. I wouldn't need patience I do not have (like when it comes to teaching kids). It's a sphere of work I think needs a lot more attention than it's getting.

ClimateCrisis.net is the official website of 'an inconvenient truth'.

No comments: