Sunday, December 02, 2007

No More...

I have already written a post about alcohol and drinking it before but am not going to provide a link because you aren't missing out on much.

What 'no more' is about, is my 'social drinking'. Sure it is as good as non existent, seeing as I am rarely social, but still 1 drink once in every 3 months is not cool.

I have decided not to take alcohol again.

I am not trying to fit in. Jeez if I were ever doing that I wouldn't be the way I am. The whole idea of taking the drink is to make the people throwing the party, feel a little happy and more over to stop people from nagging me to take a drink. So I usually end up taking one mild drink throughout the evening. But it is not worth it.

Before I agree to going to a party next time, I am going to make it clear that I will not drink and that people around me must not force me to.

3 comments:

Cosmic Joy said...

The question on my mind is .. what brings about this change ?

Deepali said...

Well the only reason I take a drink is because either people are offended like they haven't done something right to make me comfortable or because they nag about the same thing over and over.

I realized that I don't really care about the first reason and that the second reason would disappear if everyone knew before I got to a party that I wasn't going to drink and they shouldn't 'offer'.

My drinking (1 drink) happens maybe once a year (if I am abroad). But I was at a party in October and then again the other day and I have had 1 too many drinks.

I don't get the logic of why people associate alcohol with 'good times'. It's highly illogical.

Cosmic Joy said...

I personally believe in social drinking. I do not mind an occasional drink with the right company, for the right event.

Having said that, there is no denying the rampant misuse of that term in our society. Unfortunate.