Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Indian Team doesn't disappoint....

The cricket team and their World Cup result - doesn't disappoint me at least .

I was sitting back and thinking about why it is that I am neither sad, angry, upset, or feeling any other emotion, at hearing that India is out of the World Cup and I realised that it's because I didn't expect anything out of the Indian Team. Of course it is shameful that we didn't make it to the top 8 but seeing the way we have been playing, we didn't deserve to.

The faces of the men in blue should be blackened and they should be taken around the on donkey back with a garland of shoes round their neck. (Don't remember from where the description or the picture is but I have always associated it with shamefulness).

Being in the 'marketing' line myself though, I couldn't help but think about the kind of investments companies would have made in buying air time, creating special endorsements, having special promotions, etc all surrounding the world cup. It will end up being such a big flop show for all of them.

And like I always say - the most tragic part of the whole deal will be that we all will forgive and forget and the team will perform the same way in the next World Cup....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

Deepali said...

Thanks