Monday, July 06, 2009

Totally hate such grey days - I think I suffer from SAD (at least mildly)...

Seriously I hate gloomy weather. It brings me down. I not only feel lethargic (which might be a commonly felt amongst people in such weather) but I also feel slightly depressed. Maybe I am exaggerating but maybe I am not.

I hate grey days. I totally do.


About SAD from Wikipedia -

Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression or winter blues, is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or, less frequently, in the summer,[1] repeatedly, year after year.

More at - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

4 comments:

Tall Guy said...

May be its time you do something that keeps you happy?

Deepali said...

Haha usually I just turn on the lights :)
Of course my parents bug me sometimes cause they don't like the idea of electricity being wasted on tube lights at 4 in the afternoon :D

Ketan said...

You were in Northern or Southern hemisphere on July 6, 2009? 'cuz SAD happens only in winters. ;)

Deepali said...

Arre it gets so dark and gloomy on some days in the monsoons (worse than during winter) and especially right in the middle of the day. More than enough to induce SAD I'd say.