Thursday, April 02, 2009

Sprained my damned foot again...

I don't really like doctors. There isn't any specific reason except that I think the dislike is in my genes. Okay so I am kidding. It's more nurture than nature at work here. Not too many people in my family are comfortable with doctors and hospitals (except my grandparents when it comes to doctors).


Anyway about 4 - 5 years ago, I tripped (WHILE TRYING TO WALK) and hurt my right ankle/foot quite badly. Thought it was a sprain. It was either a ligament tear or a hairline fracture. I kept ignoring going to a doc but mainly because I couldn't walk and the task of just getting out of my building would have been a very painful task. Anyway I actually can't bend my last two toes properly now. Of course was in quite a state of shock when I realized I can't bend my toes. Horrified really but it didn't worsen my balance or anything and I had feeling in them, so I was okay with it.


On Monday, I again hurt the same foot. Not as badly as last time, but still quite bad, of course the pain has been subsiding since Monday which is a good thing but I still need to keep it bandaged all the time. On Monday I was remembering the last time and it scared the hell out of me. Of course I thought that this time I'll go to a doc right away but when I woke up on Tuesday I felt so much less pain that I was sure it isn't a tear or a fracture. I don't like of course that I am still limping after 3 whole days but I know it's not like last time so I am a little relieved.


Hopefully by tomorrow I will be able to get out of the house and go attend my class. And again it's not like I was playing football or dancing or any of that. I was walking.

2 comments:

Tall Guy said...

Hope you get better :)

Even I hate going to doctors.

Deepali said...

:) Thanks. Much better than Monday and Tuesday for sure :)