Friday, June 22, 2007

What the...

So how stupid can someone be?

VERY VERY STUPID.

Last Friday I am walking home from the bus stop and this guy on the street says something to me. I'm thinking it's one of those, I came from out of town, got robbed and have no money left to go back sort of thing. So I didn't understand what the idiot said the first time so I said what and he mumbled something again. So I just said I don't have time and started walking off without knowing what he said. After about 10 steps he over takes me and again says something (I still can't understand what he is saying). So I say I can't understand what you are saying. So guess what? He proclaims his love for me and asks me what I think.

What a dumb ass. If it was a joke or bet or something it's still okay. If he was serious, I think I haven't met a more stupid person in my life. (I had noticed him at the station I get off the evening before too). Anyway I mean this guy was like a low class illiterate from UP or something (no offense intended to anyone). I mean how can anyone like that be retarded enough to even talk to a well educated, very well out South Mumbai girl. I mean it's even alright if you are just saying you are in love, but then asking what I think about that. Jeezzzz how dumb is that.

I am actually pissed that I just walked off. I should have embarrassed the hell out of the guy. Of course there weren't too many people around but still.

Anyway not only am I shocked that the guy was so dumb, I am even pissed that someone can go and say such things to some one.

And yes of course I DO NOT believe in love at first sight. The whole idea is so unbelievable ridiculous.

Anyway I am sure there won't be a next time for something like this, but if there is, the guy is so going to regret thinking of the idea.

4 comments:

Cosmic Joy said...

In one of my previous comments, I said .. "On one hand, I see you cursing the small stuff .."

Well, this post is one of those. I hope you take the comments in good spirit .. And if they are out-of-line, you always have the "moderate" option :-)

I agree that social status and educational status are important when it comes to a life partner. And I also agree that love at first sight is something that only happens in movies ..

But it is also true that you will find many happily married couples who will remember the first time one saw the other, and describe it as love-at-first-sight, even though that love would have taken years to bloom.

It is also true that movies play a big role in forming people's views, especially those that are in the lower economic rungs of society. You find movies where the local bhai who has no formal education falls in love with a doctor and that love is reciprocated .. you find our heroes playing the role of a local village idiot and proclaiming their love for a sophisticated modern city girl.

All I am saying is, that if the guy did it with sincerity, at least dont call him as an idiot and "low class illiterate".

I may be totally out of context here.. maybe that guy was just a tapori with nothing better to do .. and maybe your comments are justified .. You were the one who was there and experienced it, not me.

P.S : Asking for your opinion after having said he loved you may not be a bad thing :-)

Deepali said...

Call me a townie snob I don't care but having some random guy walk up and say something like that is totally ridiculous.

I know it sounds harsh but the whole incident was totally unnerving. I don't know about other people but I don't like the idea of some random person coming up to me and saying that they are in love with me is just something that makes me feel ummm cant get the right word and thats why I wish I had a better way with words ...lets say made me feel too unprotected.

Random people having feeling toward you for no logical reason is just not right. You may disagree but like you said 'I was there' and it didn't feel good.

Cosmic Joy said...

I realize how unnerving it must be to go thru something like this .. my apologies for making light of a serious incident.

Deepali said...

Haha I didn't mean to sound super offended so don't apologize so much.

I also get your POV and if it was someone else I might have been grateful but not some random guy on the street.

Worse still I remember seeing him at the station I get off at a day or two before. Not saying he was stalking me or anything but still it's ummm unnerving.