Monday, April 09, 2007

Will I be missed?...

So just to clarity, I am not being self-centered in THIS post - really.

Well I have my exams going on. Therefore have taken 7 days off from work. It made me wonder if work would be more chaotic without me there. It will be a little bit I am sure seeing how we 'seniors' are needed to be around not just to help get routine work done but also to help troubleshoot any problems anyone has.

Anyway I realised that if I were at a 'lower level', I would have loved the feeling of being missed and believing that the world was falling apart cause I wasn't there to help hold it up. But now being at a higher level I feel the need to be totally dispensable. I want that my juniors are so good that they can totally do without me and can actually do what I would normally do (outside their job function), at least to some level.

I think the success of any management person has to be how well he / she actually trained his / her team members to handle their job and also crisis situations. Many people may not agree and maybe I'll be proved wrong in the future but for now this is my core belief. Sure I am a long way off in getting my team into being the best bunch around but I am hoping we will get there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i liked the way u said we 'seniors'. i can absolutely relate to it.

btw...i very much do beleive that the success lies in how well your team is trained.

if you go to see...we have a live example. take resham's team. inspite of she being not working with us, her work reflects in her team members.

Binda