Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Disaster time - No water tomorrow...

There is going to be no water supplied tomorrow to the entire city (Mumbai) because of extensive piping work that will be carried out, to help the city get more water on a regular basis.

Firstly let me tell you something I find hilarious but I know it's the right thing to do. My house already had all buckets filled with water. Now usually when we know water is going to go, we fill up only that very morning, but I guess since this is going to be BIG and for the whole day, and therefore everyone is going to fill their water, the tank will get empty sooner than we can imagine.

Secondly, I am so totally going to hate this and therefore calling it disaster time. I mean call me a snob or whatever you like but not having RUNNING water for even a few hours is 'painful'. This is going to last a whole 12 hours.

Thirdly I am terrified about the work not getting done in the alloted time. I mean when has the BMC or any body for that matter promised something will get done on a certain day at a certain time and it actually happens that way?

Fourthly -
I feel soooooooooo totally blessed for getting water 24 hours a day. I also do realise how much I might actually be wasting but I love my running water. If water ever became scare, I would look at it as a luxury and indulge in it. The same with electricity. I feel very blessed for having electricity 24 hours a day too. I am thankful for the ability to put on the AC, 365 nights a year if I want to. To watch television at will. To read a book at 3 a.m....

Good luck to all the poor souls who are not use to facing stinky dirty loos. Good luck to the poor folks who couldn't fill up enough buckets, vessels etc and had to forgo some daily activity. Good luck to those who finally realize how difficult life can be without their daily water supply (if they do get to realize it). Good luck to you and good luck to me.

No comments: