Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Diwali

Ya I know I am posting really late and it doesn't really matter but still I thought at least I can wish people and tell them how Diwali was this year. Like I have already said, I totally love Diwali. Mainly because of the fireworks and holidays (I think I use to love the holidays when I was a kid and the fireworks in recent years since I don't get too many days off from work. Also fireworks now are really cool. Only love the ones that go up in the air like rockets and blow up. The 'chakris', 'anars', etc I find a total waste).
Anyway this Diwali I was ill :( but I still did watch a lot of fireworks at night. Also called up and wished quite a few people. I am sure some of them were surprised that I was alive lol and I was glad to know they were alive too. I missed the 'puja' in the house which is okay cause the best part of the puja is the 'mithai' (sweets) anyway which you get even after the puja (prayers). Actually while the pujas don't hold any significance for me, I still enjoy them. Of course if you asked me if I would carry them out, I wouldn't. While I would love the idea that by doing certain rituals Goddess Lakshmi (The Goddess of Wealth) would bless me, I don't quite believe life works that way so why bother.

Anyway I had 4 days off from work and I royally missed school when I would get at least 20 days leave. So I also missed some other things that I usually do before Diwali. Like the 'rangoli' for example. Usually start and help my sis and mom out for a while and then leave it for them to finish up but since I was working on the day they started out, I didn't do one bit of it. Also this year I didn't do any cleaning of my stuff - mom cleaned everything - not that I am complaining or anything hehe.

Anyway I miss the good old days. And thankfully when Diwali comes around at least I feel like a kid again, watching 'crackers' burst, shutting my ears and running when I know someone has lit a 'bomb', being awe struck at the lights and sounds that these dazzling fireworks create. It a good time of year.

No comments: