Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Who would have believed it was possible...

I have been abroad a few times and have seen malls before the first brick of Crossroads - the first mall in Mumbai - was even laid. Never did I think would I see in this decade multiple malls that looked like malls of foreign countries. And I'm not the type of person who would go all the way to Malad to see InOrbit mall. But I did see the truth last month. Went to Andheri to catch a movie. Got tickets finally in Cinemax - in the Infinity mall. I was totally blown away. The place is so big and looks like an international mall - except for the crowd though. But still the place was huge, well lit, had big brands, a multiplex and food mall....fantastic. Of course I dont know who shops at places like these. I am assuming their food courts and expensive movie tickets cover up some major costs. Well the thing is more and more of these malls are just sprouting up all over Mumbai. Pretty crazy eh...

No comments: