Sunday, April 23, 2006

Strikes are a valid form of protest - but if they cause hassles for so many ppl - they should be re-considerened...

Well thank god the BEST strike is off. I understand that these people should get paid proper wages, but what about the inconvinience caused to common people. I had to pay Rs.50 everyday instead of my regular bus fair for Rs.10. The thing is that I can afford to pay 40 rupees more for a couple of days; a lot of people cannot. Sure enough private buses came into service the next day, but they aren't good enough substitutes.
As always, Mumbaikars showed their 'sab chalta hai' attitude. We shall take everything in our stride...and life went on nearly as normal as it always does.
I am of the belief that this attitude is a bad attitude. It's the reason Mumbai is not growing. It's the reason why nothing is changing - become better. It's the reason we have incompetent dumb asses as our leaders. It's the reason why we arent world class. Hopefully this will change soon....
We should stop hoping and start acting...so much for me practicing what I preach...

No comments: