Friday, July 24, 2009

Tagged : 7 Weird Thing About Me

Got tagged by The Survivor.

While I don't do too many tags any more, this is not too personal and quirky so taking it up.

1. My hands go into my sneakers before my feet.

Well I once wore my sneakers (which are slightly big because my just fitting ex-sneakers use to hurt my toes) and after about 5 minutes felt something around my toes. Too the shoe off (in the cab) thinking it must be a piece of paper or something. Put my hand it - felt like paper but when I shook the shoe nothing came out. Well if you already guessed it, you are smart than me then. Looked in and inside was this big cockroach. YUCKKK to say the least. Very disgusting. But of course the thing I will remember the most from the incident is my cousin screaming - 'throw the shoe out of the window' and I yelling back 'Are you crazy? This is my new Reebok and who the hell throws their shoe out like that?'. So now my hand goes in first to check whether the shoe is empty or not.



2. I wanted to be a storm chaser.

I doubt I would ever really have been one but I remember watching Twister and thinking 'WOW now that's EXACTLY what I want to grow up and do'. Weather was always fascinating. If there was a college around and good career prospects, I would have studied meteorology. Thankfully I didn't else I would have been working with the biggest idiots around.



3. I use (at least once in a while now but everyday while I was working) my mouse as if I were a lefty [meaning the primary and secondary button is switched - meaning on the left side my index finger is for left click]

Few months into my joining my job, I started getting TERRIBLE shoulder ache. My only solution was to switch the side of the mouse cause it was becoming impossible to work. Took me about 4 days to get use to. But was totally worth it cause gave me better alignment, and pain in my right shoulder stopped. I still remember my boss coming up to me and showing me something and I couldn't copy paste what he was asking because I had just switched sides. Very frustrating back then. But it was always fun later on to see people come to my desk to show me something on my machine and they going crazy with the mouse all ulta and alphabets ink missing from my keyboard. It would drive most people nuts. I'd eventually say 'okay you know what, just tell me what you want to do and I'll type and navigate'.



4. I have taken a break from work (assuming I go back to work in October - it will be a 1 year break) for no particular rhyme or reason.



5. I'd like to learn beatboxing.

Watched a few videos about it and realized it's way too tough and requires a lot of practice. So mostly giving up on wanting to learn. But it's cool making music with sounds from your mouth.



6. I never sing in front of people (don't even play antakshari at times for this reason) but find myself singing (or at least saying since I can't sing) the lyrics to the songs when I am alone.

Well sometimes I am in the hall and Mom or Dad or Sis will be around when I am "singing" but thats about it. Once Mom even commented saying 'You love singing don't you?' and I said 'No. Just cause I am singing doesn't mean I like singing. I like the lyrics and all' Lol. I don't know I myself find the habit weird. Though I must say Mom is always pleasantly surprised when I seem to know nearly all the lyrics of nearly 80% of the songs that are playing on TV. Tried to explain to her that most people would know them and she doesn't listen to the song enough number of times to pick the lines up.



7. I can't do mental math.

I totally draw a blank in my head when I have to do anything with numbers. Except simple addition or substraction. Even for these I need at least 3 times the time an normal person would use. It's quite funny that my job requires me to work around numbers. Most people I know professionally can't believe it when I tell them I am bad with numbers. But well such is the case. I wish I could change it but I can't seem to get even slightly better with the efforts I had put in so have given up now.

2 comments:

Tall Guy said...

Liked the way you did the tag :)

1. It had also happened with me once, I don't think putting hands into shoes is a bad idea, why not just shook it?

2. I am wondering whether I should laugh or ... :)

3. Hmmm... I have also had similar problem when others came to my PC. The task bar instead of being at the bottom, is on the top and guess what I even converted one of them :)

4. Got bored?

5. It looks like you will need a lot of practice :)

6. Good for you gurl. I just happen to know not more than two lines of any songs that I keep hearing.

7. Yeah that happens with some

Deepali said...

Hehe forgot to reply to this -

Thanks even I liked the way I did the tag ;)

1 - Arre in the cab I was shaking the shoe but the roach didn't come out easily. So why risk it but I do shake it a little before I put my hand in hehe cause it obviously won't be nice to feel a roach or another insect etc :)

2 - Laugh or what? Well I gave it up so you can laugh or say whatever you like. Maybe in another life ;)

3 - Hehe my sis once by mistake moved the task bar and we were so annoyed about it for a while cause we couldnt figure how to get it back to the bottom but thankfully we survived and figured it out :)

4 - Naah it wasn't about being bored. Search is not boring. I think it was the right time to leave. And the right time to start job hunting is coming close :)

5 - Oh yeah lots of practice needed for stuff like that. But progress gets to be painfully slow toh maza nahi aata.

Phew 6 and 7 nothing to add :)