Sunday, October 26, 2008

Rangoli time...

Since I am totally artistically challenged and my sis isn't that good with rangoli stuff, so we have no choice but to get a little creative...

This years Rangoli is done. Below are pictures of what the outside of our main door looks like :)


On the left



This pictures came out a little blurred because I was trying to make do without a flash (very slight hand shake and blurred image) cause a flash ruins the effect of the candles and diya. The picture where there is a flash is just too dull.




On the right


No good pic with the candles and diya lit will try and take one tomorrow.



On the whole



We even got innovative with the lights on the top - usually it's just the rice lights (with maybe 1 of the flower thingies - can't believe I can't get a name to it right now) but this year we added a lot more of the flower things and it looks totally beautiful. Looks a little christmasy but I like it.

2 comments:

Resham said...

wow.. this is pretty!
you actually managed the entire thing?

Deepali said...

Naah I never do much myself - mostly give a lot of inputs only hehe. Aarti does all the work.

And the square things are ready made. Not sure what they are suppose to be but Mom thought they would look good for a Rangoli so bought them. Too gaudy for my taste but over all the look is good.