Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Have you ever been a 'giggly girl'...?

Am in this cinema hall and there is this bunch of teenagers - you know 15 - 16 years old. Some 2 guys and 3 girls or something. All hip and happening type of South Mumbai kids.

So anyway these 2 girls say something to each other and start laughing.

I turn to my cousin and ask 'Have you ever been a giggly girl?'

She smiles and says she never has.

So I say 'I don't mean someone who laughs in a giggling manner'. She laughs now saying 'ya don't worry I know what you mean. I some how might seem like a 'giggly girl' but I never have been'.

I was trying to explain what I meant by 'giggly girl' to someone and found it was quite hard. Bimbo is too harsh a word (blond as suggested by someone is better but not quite) cause you know these are young kids but I never quite understand how people can be like that. You know just ...umm silly. How there can be people in the world who say meaningless things to each other and feel happy about it. I don't understand how there are girls who can watch a guy walk by and start "giggling" (cause they have some secret joke going on).

I never was that kind of person and I don't know how someone can be. I'm not judging, especially cause 'giggly girls' are just girls. They will grow up (maybe they won't also). They will figure there is more to life. Maturity will come to them (or it won't) and they will look back and think about how silly they were.

And then I think is that really a good thing? Should you go from being 'giggly' to being morose? Yes maybe I am taking extremes and being over dramatic.

Anyway there isn't a proper train of thought here.

I never was a 'giggly girl'. Never would or want to be one. It's silly to be silly when life is so full of important things.

No comments: