Saturday, September 20, 2008

What sort of a world do we live in?...

Too many retarded people walking around.

I usually don't read the Mumbai Mirror but rushed through all the TOI headlines and still had some tea left so reached out for it.

I see 2 news articles one page after the other and I was furious.

The following is why -

One article talks about how residents of a newly constructed building are being asked to move out by the BMC because there is a building close by that could collapse any day. The BMC isn't willing to pay out 11.2 lakhs to demolish the buildings. Some of the residents are elderly and a lot of the houses have kids. It is crazy to ask them relocate in my opinion.

The very next article I glance upon is that the State Government is going to shell out 5.5 crores to promote Marathi as a language (at the Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi).

Seriouslyyyyyy why are people so messed up?

P.S. - This is me venting please do not give me a lecture about fund allocation to BMC and State. Also no lecture right now on fund allocation towards certain activities. Maybe some other day when this isn't a touchy topic, you can tell me about the finances that go behind running this country.

1 comment:

Solitaire said...

I guess they are worried about the frequency of their language being spoken across the nation than the frequency of people being into troubles because of them.