Monday, December 31, 2007

Here's to the last day of 2007 :) ...

2007 was a pretty cool year. Over all more good than bad.

Some of the highlight of the year (not in any order) for me were -
  1. Completing 2 years at my work place during the year (completing to and a half years or working is a GREAT feeling - I always worried before I got my job whether 1) Someone would hire me 2) If someone would hire me, would I actually be any good 3) Would I be able to stick around for at least 6 months before I got fired hehe
  2. Getting my blog discovered by Cosmic and then having a lot more people visiting and leaving comments.
  3. Meeting Prerna (who I know through blogging). Not only was it great to meet her but also reminded me of 3 - 4 years ago when I use to be active on a social network and actually met up with a bunch of my then internet friends.
  4. The offsite at Kamshet - learned a lot - especially about myself. I find it so hard to follow without giving inputs and take a back seat - it's CRAZY.
  5. Struggling at work with a couple of specific projects - learned a lot about my job but also got a lot of assumptions broken.
  6. Realizing that wisdom appears in everyday events (most of which I put down on my blogs).
  7. Finding blogs of really interesting people. It's a great way to find not only people who have different ideas but also come across those ideas.
  8. Watching 'The Secret' (hopefully there will be implementation soon)
  9. Buying a few stocks.
  10. 'Partying' a little more than usual - Not that I enjoy it but the fact that I get invited is 'new'.
  11. Losing my phone - not a positive highlight but a highlight none the less.
Lots more to come I am sure just can't think of all the other things right now.

4 comments:

Preethi said...

:) It was a nice read...
The hiring thing resonates with my initial doubts too... in the exact order.

Deepali said...

:) I hear you.

Now getting hired is the least of my worries - I know it will be easy - trying to get to expected levels of output are what bother me.

Cosmic Joy said...

Discovering your blog and getting to know you was one of my 2007 highlights :)

Deepali said...

Ya ya of course Cosmic- I am giving you so much gyan everyday :p :p :p