Monday, August 04, 2008

I hate confrontations

I do.

I try and see that thing don't get to a point where parties have to 'sit down and talk'.

Why have igo issues man? I always feel that people who have igo issues are people who in their minds don't know their worth. Then I re-think and tell myself I am wrong. That I let things go not because I don't have igo issues but mainly because I have this 'let it go...who cares' attitude. I am not indifferent all the time but I do think that everyone has a right to get angry and everyone does feel frustrated, and everyone will have outbursts, and some people at some point in time will attack you. It's life. Shit happens. You just got to work things out.

I am straying. I hate confrontations and I always try and avoid them. I don't like the idea of yelling at someone (especially someone below me or younger than me). The only people who do hear me scream are my direct family. And that also because I think family forgives and forgets easily and fast enough. I do wish that I had more patience at home, at least half of what I had at work but I guess there is alway a difference in the way you communicate depending on who you are communicating with.

Anyway that's about it....

4 comments:

Solitaire said...

I hate confrontations too. I even do not like people telling me what's right and what's not. If that's the way I deal with things, that's the way it is. Period.

Unknown said...

Yes, confrontations are well avoided, but many times they become unavoidable. It's not that u want to show someone down and neither do you hae to scream or yell..but just deal sternly! Ego is an issue with many people and at times you just need to puncture it..not for anthing but for that person's good!!
So avoiding confrontations when unnecessary is okay but facing them and putting your point through also get's necessary from time to time.

Tall Guy said...

No one likes confrontations. When different personalities come together, different views are bound to arise.

The problem is not everyone knows that things can be calmly work out, but then not everyone think that way, its either their way or the highway!!

Deepali said...

@ sol - :) I hear you. I usually end up doing things my way but hear people out. Sometimes though I'll do things the way others want it done just so that I don't have to sit and argue with them.

@ Sumita - Arre I totally agree. I always keep wishing thought that people were more mature. Though I do believe if you talk to people properly even while criticizing them, they will listen to you. People must trust you. They must truly feel that you are saying things for the betterment of everyone. It doesn't always work out like that though :(

@ Jay - Welcome to the blog. And trust me there ARE some people in the world who do like getting into fights and arguments lol. You are right - most things can be worked out in a calm manner but people get too emotional and hyper.