Thursday, June 19, 2008

Skin Aging Cream...Imagine a cream that makes you look older

Copy pasting this from my private blog cause it's too funny.


Man I had the most hilarious day in office.

I think this tops all offices 'gone wild with laughter' minutes. And there have been a few - meenakshi sheshadri, meeting khatam ho gayi, make money site, all of it I swear. I bet it's going to be my TOP recruitment moment.

It's one of those - if you weren't there you won't get it but still I bet every time I think of this I am going to laugh.

Gautam and I were going through one of the standard test at work of a candidate. I was wondering how this guy having so much experience in the line could come up with only 2 major targeting ideas. Especially when he was asked for 8. It's not complicated but I won't get technical. For those who understand Search, he had to give sample ad groups. The product was a biotech company website that sells mainly skin care products and their top product being an anti-aging cream.

Anyway so both me and Gautam were talking about how it is that people with experience can't seem to provide a satisfactory number of groups. I had already browsed through some of it and so had Gautam and suddenly he said 'Skin aging cream' lolllllll damn it did take a few seconds to sink it but when it did, oh shit. It like this guy is selling the total opposite of what we want him to sell. Actually he was going to start a whole new industry for aging products of a different kind.

Then I went ahead and started making up ads for the product - the exact opposite of what you would see in an anti-aging ad.

Imagine an ad that said to you - 'Now look as old as your grandma'. Or 'Date your fathers friends' lolllll. Or 'Wrinkles in 15 days. Money back gaurantee'. Of course I got some serious stuff done too. Imagine an ad targeted at a 12-14 year old saying 'Now you can get into that disco'.

Haha Skin Aging Products lol damn the whole notion is only so whacked out.

The we were talking about how you can have skin aging product selling side by side with anti-aging products. So some time people use the aging stuff and then the anti-aging stuff.

Man I can't even imagine how that guy wrote that stuff in the test. Not once which you can say might have been a mistake but multiple times.

Anyway it might not sound funny when you are reading it but it was HILARIOUS. The whole office turned around to look at what we were going nuts about.

No comments: