Thursday, March 13, 2008

Essel World

Had a total blast today.

The entire office (with the exception of a few) went to Essel World. I have visited EW today after a gap of about 14 years. I was just thinking on my way back that when I went last time, I was too short to sit on the adult rides :)

Firstly a few thanks to some people who made the day exciting/different/fun/etc.

Thanks Neelofer
Thanks Vaishali
Thanks Gautam
Special thanks to all the bag girls and bag boys. If you wouldn't take care of our bags our rides would not have been so much fun.

The day started when we had to get on a bus to get to the ferry. We walk out of the office and can't see the bus anywhere and we are trying desperately to contact someone who went ahead of us onto the bus. We get the direction but still can't see the bus. We could see a BEST bus (local transport bus) but not a bus that looked like one we hired. But guess what, our bus ride to the ferry was in the BEST bus that was standing there. It was so cool cause I didn't know (like nearly everyone else on the bus) that you can hire a BEST bus to take you around. It was pretty cool. And for me a big experience. Why I can't really put my finger on but maybe some day. I think it's mostly got to do with how I like BEST buses and hate the closed 'rent for a while' volvo type buses.


TBC

9 comments:

Amol Naik said...

Ya Right! That was real fun.

Deepali said...

Arre yaar your 'ya right' always makes me think you are being sarcastic till about seconds later when I realize you actually mean 'correct'

Cosmic Joy said...

Thats cool. BTW, I never heard the term "bag-boy/girl" before. And I never did know BEST buses were available for rent :)

Solitaire said...

WOOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! I used to love Essel World!

Deepali said...

Made the term up for people who don't sit on the rides and therefore have to take care of every ones bag who do go on the rides hehe.

Ya first time even I saw a BEST bus on rent.

Deepali said...

@ solitaire - It is actually cool. Of course I have been to few amusement parks abroad so Essel World seemed like just another one. But it was loads of fun.

Unknown said...

Hey Deepali even I had a blast wid you man! You were saying... I will not sit in this ride and that ride but u sat in almost all :)

oook said...

Hehe... Good you guys had some fun. I saw the pics on Facebook. :)

I've never been to Esselworld, I heard they were going to shut it down?

Deepali said...

Essel world is not bad at all. You should check it out the next time you are here.

Haven't heard about it shutting down.