Sunday, May 13, 2007

You gotta pay the price...

If you are going to play a game, you need be careful when makes the moves you know you shouldn't make, because if your strategy back-fires, there will be a heavy price to pay.


The thought came first and then I got a very relevant 'narratable' example. I was watching a TV show a few months after the London train bombing, which revolved around how Muslims were being discriminated against in the UK, etc.
There was this lady who they interviewed. I can't remember details now but she either headed some organisation to safe guard Muslim interests or is a lawyer. They should her speak at a gathering and she stated that ALL of the current day Muslim woes are cause by the British. She named a few places / incidents, the history of which I don't know, and she also named the problems in Kashmir as having their roots seeped in British mistakes.
When I thought about it, she had a point. If the British hadn't followed a 'Divide and Rule' policy, I wonder if Partition would have happened. I have my doubts. So technically she was right. Now imagine if all the Muslims or even just all the fanatical Muslims started to believe this, I think the UK would be the first country to be nuked.

The British followed a strategy to get on top which was wrong - ethically I mean, and I think that some day they are going to pay the price. Till date we (the sub-continent) are paying the price but I think the tables will turn, and then a lot of people will not know where to run.

Anyway I think that doing some thing wrong for whatever reason, is a bad idea, always has been and always will be.

No comments: