Monday, February 05, 2007

R.I.P. Bahadur - The best liftman there ever was...

My earliest memories of going up and down in the lift have images of Bahadur. The short Nepali guy who would keep blinking his small eyes all the time. He was always at work when his shift was there. We troubled him a lot on days we went and sat on the building terrace. Would keep telling him to lock up just before his shift ended at midnight, and he would oblige.

He was also the most efficient lift man there was. It might sound like I'm crazy, but he would actually stand properly in his corner, open the doors faster than the other guys, switch on the fan before pressing the floor button.

He was such a strong part of this building that many of my relatives from abroad would actually enquire if was actually still around, how he was, etc.

He use to also tell me that I should walk up by chairs to lose some weight :)

You will be missed Bahadur

No comments: