Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Good Years - Swades' inspiration?...

I caught A Good Year (the movie- there is also a novel) with a friend who bought to my notice Swades shared a lot of similarities with this movie. And the more I think about it, the more its true. While Swades might be wound round the protagonists whole Indianess and A Good Year talks more about the protagonists life as a boy, the base story for both seems to be the same. Maybe this kind of story is very common but here the similarities pretty strong.
Only Ashitosh Gaikwad would be able to tell us if he wrote his movie after he read 'A Good Year'.

3 comments:

Resham said...

Ashutosh Gowariker :)

Deepali said...

Shit I always get it wrong. Ashutosh Gowariker Ashutosh Gowariker Ashutosh Gowariker ...damn I will still make the mistake.

yatiraj patil said...

both movies have beutiful ....locations.....defining the real india and france.....