Friday, March 24, 2006

Bare chappals...broken feet...

Well didnt have to walk bare foot too much but still an experience. Well those osho slippers were destined to not reach home intact I guess. Broke in the office. Got it fixed from a mochi and then the same strap snapped. Re-sent it and got it fixed again. Was scared of walking in them and had a feeling that same strap of the same chappal will break. Look at my bad luck - I'm walking super careful with that foot so as not to stretch the strap and my bus comes and I have to walk fast, and I am..but I'm being careful about the left chappal - This guy comes out of no where and steps on the chappal on my right foot, by mistake. The strap on that chappal breaks and now the right osho is totally useless. My trains there already so I just grab the broken osho and get on. In the train I stand on the broken osho thinking that the floor is toooo dirty to stand on and then I'm thinking how the hell am I going to walk. Finally as my station nears I decide I will walk bare foot. Now the wonderful thing is that I have caught a fast. So I actaully have to catch a slow to get to my stop. Started walking and realised it was no big deal. I actually enjoyed it cause it would be something I would have NEVER done, except in a desperate situation. Anyway the stations didnt seem to dirty and I wasnt disgusted. The real problem came when I walked out of the station. Walking bare foot on the road isnt fun. I jumped into a cab and went home (right to the door step). Feel bad for people who cant afford foot wear. Anyway the highlight of the day was that we had a meeting with outsiders and I had no shoes...hehe borrowed a colleagues sandle and sat for the meeting. So there I am...black jeans...orange kurti...WHITE shoes....

No comments: