Sunday, November 29, 2009

Finally working again

Have been waiting to get back to a full time job for the past few months.

Kept wondering what it would be like to work after 13 months of joblessness. Well I don't find any difference. It is interesting though to enter a system which is already set and fairly large. I joined my previous company as their 16th employee so obviously most of the people I worked with over the 3 years I was there, came after me. It a different experience trying to catch up with 50-60 people who are already working around you.

Not else is very different I guess. At least not in the first 3 and a half days of being there :)

6 comments:

Ketan said...

Was this hiatus from employment a conscious decision, or because of 'recession'? Sorry to be so straightforward, but honestly, I've very little idea if job-recession is a truth in India or over-hyped thing. And if you need any assurance of my not being demeaning, I've been jobless up till now, and don't know when will I get a 'real' job! :)

Anyway, all the best with your new job! Hoping, that your new workplace provides you with enough experiences to come up with interesting posts. :) And if doesn't happen, I'm sure, your keen observation (and the habit of "not thinking much" will make it interesting! ;)

Deepali said...

Well about 4-5 months was a conscious decision but then I tore a ligament and couldn't walk around properly for a while so couldn't start job hunting. I do keep hearing of friends who were struggling to find jobs because of the recession. For me that wouldn't have been a problem at all. I mean I would definitely have had to settle for a lower salary than I would have liked but closing something would not have been super tough. I am in a small industry and have a lot of experience so lots of people would have been happy to hire me :)

Oh don't worry tons of people ask me if my joblessness had anything to do with the recession.

Thanks I'm sure new workplace will be helping me write more interesting posts but on my PPC Blog :P

Junius said...

all d best!

Anonymous said...

congrats ! and all the best ! That is deity and i clicked it in a fair. :)

Preethi said...

Hey congrats Deepali.... whether or not it was conscious, you are happy to be working again. Good. Well, find it difficult to comment when there is 'Ketan' here hanging upside down... Sorry it's not right to comment on the 'commenter'..... but ketan if you are around whta's with the hanging? and looking so calm while at it! ;P

Deepali said...

Thanks Junius, exposemaximum and Preethi :)