Friday, October 23, 2009

Origami

I've been brushing up on and learning new Origami. I always thought it would be fun to fold paper up and make it into objects but never thought I'd enjoy this so much.

I think part of the beauty of Origami is that something so plain and simple can be transformed into something that's so intricate and complicated. It's awe-inspiring.

And no I don't know use complicated mathematical equations and use geometry and physics etc to make the objects. I just download videos that show you how and copy the moves :D

I don't think I would ever create any original stuff but it's good enough to re-create what others have already created.

I'd definitely suggest Origami as a hobby. It requires nothing but technique, which in todays day and age is so simple to figure out.

4 comments:

Tall Guy said...

I used to do that when I was small but not anymore

Deepali said...

It's so much fun isn't it...

Preethi said...

What do you mean, 'I don't think I would ever create any original stuff'. Many times i want to copy-paste what you write somewhere. Trust me they are very original.... and also make a post of your origamis (is that the right word?)

Deepali said...

Oh thanksss :) - please feel free to copy-paste hehe.
Well I wouldn't be able to create any original origami stuff for sure.
Well I have learned the common stuff - actually have totally forgotten half of the stuff I learned cause of no practice - will send you the link of the site where I watch the videos if you like.