Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Am wondering if Colours (TV channel) is being run by a group of feminists...

Seriously look at all the women oriented stuff there.

Now I understand that even saas bahu serials revolved around women and stuff but this is different. Shows on Colours is more social in nature. They talk about woman upliftment, female infanticide, traditions and customs etc.

While I am glad that the one show I watch on the channel off and on helps me be grateful about being an educated, well off woman in urban India, I think the channel is pushing this whole social thing a little tooooo far.

But I guess I shouldn't talk. Most women (/families) would watch at least 3 saas bahu shows even though all had nearly the same thing going on in the story (just at different points in time).

Anyway Balika Vadhu is a great show. It is nicely made. I would recommend it anyday. At least the way it is going on now. I hope it doesn't go down hill. I'd rather have makes of a show end a serial than watch much loved serials becoming crappier and crappier.

A channel asking to stop a show because of TRP rating falling is a good thing in a way. It means that the show has outlived its popularity and acceptance. I'd rather that a show I like end nicely than fall from it's greatness in such a manner.


(For the record I hated Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi)

1 comment:

Tall Guy said...

I would say kids. Coz they are everywhere in Colors :P

It was bound to be happen as majority of the viewers are women.

I have also observed that there is a shift of the plot from the urban to the rural families which is a good thing reminds the days when Hum Log and Nukkad used to be on air.

Though it is a sad day for the men who have become more of a side cast :(