Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Swinging...

In October-November our swing goes back out onto our terrace. Since it's made of wood it is removed before every monsoon. Which is a pain cause it is big and heavy. Anyway our terrace is the best place to be on a cool December night. It's nice and cool if not cold and quiet and if it's not too cloudy you can see some of the bigger stars.

Anyway I have been sitting on the swing since nearly 2 month and reading or just chilling nearly every other day. But today was different because today I was really swinging like we use to when we were kids. Fast. High.

For some reason it felt like I hadn't done this in years. Maybe I have not. But it was brilliant feeling like a kid again. Feeling butterflies in my stomach for the first few minutes. Pushing harder and taking care to see that it's not high enough that mom will start yelling about the sliding windows of the room behind the swing. Shutting my eye and feeling the wind.

Tomorrow evening I am going to do exactly what I did today.

No comments: