Friday, November 07, 2008

R.I.P. Mr.Crichton

Michael Crichton passed away on Nov 4th. I didn't even know he had cancer.

Really sad about this because he was my favourite author. Not that his books were so damn brilliant that I kept re-reading them over and over but his style and his topics were like no other. I haven't read any author who even comes close to the skill Michael Crichton displayed in his various books.

1) He wrote about technology
2) He wrote about complex matters
3) He made technology and complex matters simple to understand
4) All his writing seemed so in-depth and at the same time so easy to follow because he would give a lot of details but would put it in such a simple manner that anyone could understand
5) He wrote on varied topics. No two books he wrote were the same (unless you think of Jurassic Park)

He was only 66 years old :(

I think I will always walk into a library and feel bad that there will be no more new Michael Crichton novels :(

No comments: