Friday, November 14, 2008

Porridge Girl...

We my mom is thrilled because I now don't mind eating porridge. I was thinking how come it is that I use to hate porridge before and can so readily eat it now and I realized that everyone has their own preference to how porridge should be - how sweet, how hot, what ingredients, etc

I like my porridge lukewarm, super soft, mildly sweet and without eliechi (don't know mother and grandmothers obsessions with the spice).

Whenever I tried porridge before it was too hot with too much elaichi and sometimes black pepper or too sweet.

Different people...different taste buds. Make me sure that vegetables I don't like eating now, I would like if they was made different.

Of course there is a life lesson here - which is that different ingredients and different conditions make up life. Not one set of conditions or ingredients is right for everyone. Most people might manage with some standards but not all. And if people do accept what they are given and don't like it, they won't be happy. They would prefer having no porridge to having distasteful porridge (unless there is no food at all in which case anyone will eat anything). I think I am saying all this quite badly but you get the picture right...

No comments: