Saturday, September 13, 2008

Too many cranes...

FSI is always a big debate in Mumbai. Mainly because if you want more houses and don't have land, you can always go upward right?

Anyway the only reason I mention FSI limits is because I have grown up with a view from one side of my house and the other side also isn't too bad except see about 40% of the horizon because there are taller buildings (at a little distance) blocking the view. I like the feel of open spaces and seen the sky and stuff.

Now I am sure around my house there will always be a little open space but what is scary is the amount of cranes I see around in the distance. I am not kidding when I say I can see 5 cranes (the ones used on the top of buildings to lift stuff) in the distance. And the fact that I can see them means that these buildings are obviously taller than the ones in front of them.

Change is inevitable but it's kind of sad to be in the middle of it when it is just making things worse and not better (for me and not for the junta who can now have 'better' homes). I know it's very selfish but I will they wouldn't extend the limit of building height.

No comments: