Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Same same but different....

While I do await all Nagesh Kukunoor movies very eagerly, this post isn't about his forthcoming movie Bombay to Bangkok but rather about the line - same same but different.

Most people might at first glance think this is something that is silly or doesn't make sense but honestly is does.

The line totally make me think of Resh. I mean I keep saying it that it's so funny that we are friends let alone good friend but then it is because we ARE 'same same but different'.

So me and Resh are sooooooooooo different and soooooooooooo similar it's not even funny. Resh is so conventional and non rebellious but we totally have the same sense of values about so many things. All our cribbing (because I don't want to say another word) is on the same lines. It's not about the same people but about the same issues. We also have similar lifestyle values (haha sleeping in tents - NOT HAPPENING) but have different family values.

I think I found a line to sum it up nicely. If I were to be born 20 years before I was, I would be Resh and if Resh was born 20 years after she was, she would be me. Don't know if that makes sense to you but it makes sense to me.

2 comments:

Preethi said...

Maybe you guys aren't so different when you peel off all the layers. You know what you are essentially make you what you are. Same same (inside) but different (outside)?
Loved the line BTW.

Deepali said...

Haha trust me we ARE different - maybe in world with no barriers we might have been the same (which I doubt) but we are pretty different.

It's upbringing I guess...