Sunday, March 11, 2007

Investments 2...

Ya now this one is about real money investments. [I had to do a little tax planning this year - still can't believe I am in the tax payers bracket]. Anyway Mutual Funds it was but my Dad generally bought out the topic of Life Insurance since the broker was a little free today (poor chap was working on a Sunday - but this is the kind of advantage you get of having strong relationships with the people around you. He didn't mind coming to us at a time that was convenient to us).

Now LIC has these schemes that range from 10 year to 25 year. You keep paying a fixed level of premium. I totally dreaded the idea of getting an insurance policy mainly because of the duration of these schemes. Sure I can afford an investment of a couple of lakhs over the next couple of years but the idea of spreading that money out over even 10 years is a horrible idea. The agent was suggesting a 15 year plan and I sure as hell don't want to work for another 15 years. At least not the way I am working right now. I don't want a salary. I either want money from a personal business or through smart investing. Of course for both I need funds and expertise which will only accumulate over some time but the idea of having to work for so long is just horrible. I am already dreaming of vacation in Phuket (staying at a 5 star hotels) sipping mocktails on a beach.
It's the same though that's not letting me think of getting a home loan or even moving out or going abroad so soon. I will have to keep working to cover up those expenses.

Anyway we all keep dreaming of the life we can't have (right away). Lets hope that I find a job I love and that it pays well.

So sitting with the broker 'uncle' today I decided that will do some more investing in the next financial year and do it before July or so, instead of having my money rot in a savings account at the bank. He mentioned some good investment funds and I think I should be the proud owner of a few soon. Of course there is risk involved cause they are all linked to the equity markets but I am greedy and want as much money as I can get, fast....

No comments: