Monday, March 19, 2007

Conferences and Seminars

Attended my first ever work related conference on the 16th of March - The Digital Marketing Conference 2007.
Since it's work related, the details can be found on my PPC related blog.

Why I do mention it though is because it was very interesting. While the discussions and speakers weren't as good as expected, it got great insight into a lot of things. Sometimes things get you thinking on a track you didn't even know existed.

Anyway what I was also excited about was that I went up to a few 'big shots' and spoke to them. No that anyone would really remember me, but I got a feel of what networking would be like. Also realised that for those of us who aren't talented enough, talking with the speakers is easier because there is some foundation for starting a conversation. Either building on something they said, asking a question or opposing what they said.

Also realised that there is a need to bring more 'clients' or prospective clients into such conferences as a majority of the audience was people from agencies, who already know about the business and didn't learn anything super. Advertising such event properly is very important.

On the whole it was a super experience. Next time though, I wish more people would talk in a lot more detail about mobile marketing.

No comments: