Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Commercialization Day...

Well talk about rotten luck. Was writing this really good post and my comp hung and had to restart it. Lost the post. Funny thing is I am more sad than I am angry.

Anyway will try and re-write as much as I can remember.

Was sure that I had written a post on Valentine's Day last year - Same nick, different year.
Different year, different sentiments? No.

Though when I read the previous post it sounds very harsh. Maybe I had just heard a news story about sales of Hallmark, Archies and the likes.

So do I believe in love this year? Nope. Do I support Valentine's Day? Nope. Do I think we are stupid? Yes.

Anyway read 3 lines of this article, which I am assuming would have been interesting, which said that environmentalists now are lashing out at V Day because of increased sale of flowers in the UK. These flowers get imported so there is a huge cost attached to them. Financially and environmentally too. One more reason to boo Valentine's Day hehe.

Anyway it makes me think about why it is that we get so caught up in our daily routine lives that we don't have 'special' days everyday of the year. Is it that we don't know how to manage our lives? Don't know how to prioritize? Is it that we expect too much when we expect life to be more special? Is it inbuilt into our systems that we will only be grateful for things once we have lost them? Is it that we think we will have tomorrow to do what we should have done today and couldn't?

Lots of questions...no answers.

I can most probably see next year's post (if I am still blogging then). Same nick, different year. Maybe I will say something like, I was in a pensive mood that day. Different year, different mood.

No comments: