Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Confrontation...

I don't know why but all my life I have tried to avoid confrontations as much as possible. Human confrontation that is. Confronting your fears etc is something totally different. The definition I am going by is - a hostile disagreement face-to-face.

I think it's because I never forgot people who were nasty (thankfully not too many people are nasty to me - which I find strange actually cause it's not like people who are nasty are only nasty toward some). I don't think I would forgive such people either. The memory of their actions would stay with me no matter how cordial we were on the surface or how much 'closer' we would have become after a span of time.

All confrontations have some bad blood involved. There is always something that someone doesn't like. But there are instances when a confrontation is very important. It might be selfish or it might be the exact opposite but honest things have to be said to people. And obviously these honest things will not be accepted very well.

I have realised that to improve personally, I need to confront people (who need confrontation) more often and I will.

No comments: