Sunday, December 31, 2006

No I am not partying tonight.

Well not just tonight but I never party on New Years.

Actually I never party - unless it's like an office party - which rarely happens. (lol don't get invited to parties of 'friends').

I don't really see the point of going to parties. I don't drink. I don't dance. I hate dressing up. I don't like dark dingy places with bad ventilation. And I sure as hell don't like the idea of spending money for doing things I don't like.

If I have to 'hang out' with friends, I'd rather do it over coffee / lunch / dinner. For me hanging out means catching up or discussing stuff. So hanging out obviously wouldn't happen in a disco.

About it being New Year's Eve and all of that...I have one word for it - Commercialization. What the big deal what day it is? If you pay anything more than usual for a 'special occasion' it's commercialization.

Anyway I don't understand why people party on the 31st of December. It's actually a day to be sad. I am always depressed on the last day of the year...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm i must say, that iagree with u.. and if u thgt iwas being sarcastic :P its 11:20 at night and im at home with my folks :) so yah i understand wat ur saying and totally agree. it shud b abt the when harry met sally 'i wont have neone to kiss on new yrs ever' type thing, it shud b abt hanging out with family and yeah if i wanetd to hang out with friends cant i do that anytime?
trust me aftyer yrs of whining abt wanting to celebrate on new yrs and finally doing it for 3 yrs (and hating it) im soooo glad to be once again spening a quiet new yrs eve again :):) so heyyy, have an awesome time and an greaty yr ahead :)

Deepali said...

Thanks Radhika.
Lol finally you had nothing better to do and came to the blog hehe :p
You have a great year ahead too :)
Haha and lets meet up THIS YEAR. Dont know when but place will be Mocha for sure.

Anonymous said...

no no no im a frequent visitor to ur blog :) i love reading ppls blogs... didnt i mention that i even recommended it 2 a friend once?
seriosuly no jokes, i esp liked your movies blog.. now thats cool.... i think u shud freelance as a film critic :D
:D
u have fun now and ahve great year ahead :):)

Deepali said...

Oh please do recommend away lol I'm more than happy for more traffic.
Well my movie blog is the worse of the lot. I don't update it as often as I would like.