Monday, June 12, 2006

Gooooo Justine Henin Hardenne...You will always be a superstar Federer - even if you never win the French Open...

Well what do you know, Justine Henin Hardenne (pronounced as Justine en en ar den) won the French Open Womens Trophy this year too. Havent watched much of her expect at the last French Open. She moves real fast, which is something I hate in players who arent my favourites hehe, but since I have no favourite in the womens draw, its good fun. The one thing that you realise about Justine, that you dont of most players is how her head doesnt move much and honestly since I am so new to tennis, I dont know the significance of head position (maybe its got somehting to do with balance or follow through), but its so obvious in Justines game and really catches the eye when they show replays of her shots. Well good on her for winning the trophy for the 3rd time. I think it goes to prove that once you set your mind to it, you can achieve whatever you desire. She not only fully recovered from her viral disease but also goes and wins grand slams. Its just fantastic. Way to go Justine.

Well the obvious happened - Federer lost to Nadal (dont like him much - nearly always wins when he is playing Federer). Ofcourse clay courts arent Federers strengths but I do wish he would have won. Of couse he needs to change his game. I think he should try new things, move into the net, try and hit the baselines more often, try a double handed back hand etc. I dont know enough about the technicalities of the game to make comments but he really needs to do new things. Maybe he should, just to amuse himself. He wins so easily most of the time that too. He doesnt have to do fancy things. He doesnt have to stay on court for 4 - 5 hours often. It sort of hampers him when he needs all these skills the most. Anyway I dont see Federer wining the French Open anytime soon. Maybe some day he will get 'lucky'....I'll be hoping for that day...

No comments: