Monday, February 09, 2009

What a totallyyyy wasted day...

It's been such a huge waste of a day that I can't even believe it.

Especially since there were so many thing I was suppose to do. I mean I canceled an appointment for today just so I could go ahead with my earlier made plans.

Was suppose to go for an introduction to the Landmark Forum this morning. But woke up at 8:30 with a back ache so thought I'd sleep for another half an hour and then rush to make it there by 10. Forgot to set an alarm for 9 and woke up at 9:45 by an SMS of the friend who invited me asking if I was making it or not. Well even if I ran out in my PJs I wouldn't have made it because it would take at least 18 minutes in a taxi with no traffic and green signals all the way.

Woke up at 11:40 and messaged my cousin to confirm our movie plans and she said she couldn't make it because she had to go out.

Figured I'd just land up at the Kala Ghoda Festival since I barely saw anything yesterday but the 2 people I asked couldn't make it. So I decided no issues, I'll go myself but had to wait for my parents to get home and they got back at 5 but which time I was already lazy to go. Plus had to help my sis get ready for her friends Sangeet party (talk about role reversal - could never have imagined myself helping someone get dressed up etc. Not that I did much). By the time she left it was 6ish and KGAF plans were totally out the door. So ended up watching lots of TV - USELESS TV.

It's quite funny that when I was doing important things in life, I didn't mind wasting time watching some rubbish on TV but now that I don't have important things to do, I find myself irritated when there is nothing to watch on television. In the last couple of months I have surfed channels (to catch a program rather than to avoid ads) like never before. And while on the surface this seems so silly I think it is logical. When I was doing something important most of the time, watching TV was a relaxing activity. It didn't matter what was on, because I wasn't watching TV with any objective other than to watch TV but now I am so relaxed most of the time, I don't need additional relaxation. Instead if I am watching TV, it has to add value. It can't be anything random and crap.

Anyway henceforth I swear to never have such a totally wasted day ever again unless I want a day to be like that - meaning by choice.

No comments: