Sunday, December 28, 2008

Kids today...

Seriously man I can't believe it.

Am chatting with my 11 year old cousin. It's crazy and hilarious.

Now firstly I must say my cousin is using his sisters laptop. I'm thinking whattttt no wayyyy. I don't have a laptop to use. Anyway moving on, when I was 11, I don't even remember using the phone in the house. Of course it is sort of complicated because there were many reasons for not using a phone back then at that age. Firstly Re.1 (I think that was the charge if not more) back then was a big deal for a phone call (or at least when you grow up in a frugal family). Secondly who do you call? School friends you meet 5 times a week? Thirdly what do you talk to them?

So anyway my point is the way kids live in todays modern techno-savvy world. Or at least the privaleged few do.

Anways the conversation quickly shifts to me not being able to go to their house for dinner tomorrow because I am going for a movie - Madagascar 2. My cousin pleads for me to take him. But I can't cause my tickets are already bought. So I promise him to take him for the next animated film that comes out. Well of course there is already another one running - Jumbo. So I tell him I'll take him for Jumbo. And he is all happy. So we figure when we should go and sort out a date. I tell him we will go to Sterling and he says he wants to go to Metro because at Sterling you don't get hot dogs. So I am like 'you want to watch the movie AND eat hot dogs (he said burger first and I said he could have a Subway instead but then he corrected himself and said hot dogs. Now I didn't know you get those at Metro [being veg and all] forget anywhere else).

So I start teaching the kid about what a rip-off Metro is (even though I end up there more often than not) and he is being a little stubborn about it and says that Metro is a good theatre. I assure him that Sterling is good also and that in Sterling he could watch 2 movies where as for the same price he could watch only 1 at Metro. He finally gives in and says he is only interested in the watching the movie.

So all set. I don't know how the kid managed to extract a movie outting with me but well all credit to him for it. Going to check reviews of Jumbo - heard it's not good. If that's the case I think I am going to end up watching Madagascar 2 twice.

Oh and I can't even beginnnnnnn to think about how much his sister is going to taunt me for never ever offering to take her for a movie. Damn family can be difficult.

I wanted to record the real time conversation but didn't save the chat :(
(damn it why doesn't everyone use Gtalk or why doesn't MSN save chats to hotmail accounts?)
So I am just going to copy paste some of the tweet I put up while I was chatting -

my 11 yr old cousin is chatting with me using his sisters laptop.mannn how d world progresses...at that age we didnt even use d phone

haha my 11 yr old cousin is a darling on chat. goin 4 madagascar2 tomorrow & he says 'who u goin with?can i come?it will be a pleasure' lol

lol tckts alrdy bookd.tld hm ill take hm 4 d nxt animatd film tht cmes out.he says 'will do but nxt movie u will hav 2 tak me do not say no'

we settled on jumbo. shoot i hope its not damn stupid. anyone seen it already?

11 yr old cuz n myself r checkin our schedules 2 c when we can catch jumbo.this is d most ummm 'different' chat session i have had in ages

haha ths is hilarious.he says he dsnt wnt 2 watch jumbo in sterling cuz u dnt get hot dogs there n u get thm at metro.im jus rollin my eyes


No comments: