Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Can't believe 2008 is over (just a few more hours to go)...

I don't know. The year just seemed to fly by. Been a mixed year for me. Over all its not the kind of high I felt on 31st December 2007.

Lots has happened this year too -

1) I quit my job (and waiting to be 'self'-unemployed)

2) I decided I was going to learn things that always fascinated me as a kid (started a little origami, juggling and beat boxing)

3) Joined a web design class (finally) - even though I am not looking for a career change or won't be super good at design.

4) A bunch of friends moved out of the city :(

5) The Goa off-site was brilliant. Like every offsite training this one was such a great learning experience. Learned new things about people, situations and myself. Many thanks to the company I work at.

6) The best part of the year has to be the creation of 'Deepali Naka'. Many thanks to Raamesh, team Junoon and Bala.

7) Became friends with a lot of new people and friendlier with a lot of people I was always friends with. Also this year I found a lot of dislike towards some people - which isn't typical of me but I am not ashamed for being hateful towards some.

8) Got my own domain :D

9) The economic crisis and the terror attack were the strongest reasons for this year ending on the most terrible note possible.

10) Diwali was shockingly quiet this year. It was quite upsetting.

11) Figure that nearly everyone wants to get me drunk. Haha that's something everyone will have to wait for for a very long time if they can manage at all.

12) Went up north. Saw the Taj. Lived in Mathura for a few days. Had the TV on all the time (9xm or whatever that music channel is) in the hotel room.

13) Put on more weight :( thanks to sitting at home the last 2 months.

14) Was real sad that Michael Crichton passed away. I wish he has some 15 unpublishes novels stacked away which they will publish in the coming years :(

15) Learned a little cooking :) It's not at all difficult and I am not at all bad at it. Of course it isn't something that I would do everyday.

16) Parted like hell in Feb-March and hated every minute of it.

17) Died of the cold weather in Jan-Feb. Realized I don't like the cold at all.

18) Had to start taking Calcium daily because apparently I had a deficiency and don't take enough milk or milk products. Got terrible aches and pain in the first have of the year. Scared the hell out of me. But it's all good now.

19) Cleared MCom with a 1st class :)

20) Visited Essel World (maybe after nearly 2 decades :)) It was great fun.

21) Had the craziesttttt laugh sessions at work - Sumita in the bus, Skin Aging Cream and Meeting Khatam Ho Gaya for example.

22) Haha got quite used to the Facebook re-design but I still don't click any ads.

23) Found LiveScience.com. Totally love it.

24) Got killer ear pain (for the first time in my life) and took anti-biotics (again for the first time in my life) to cure the ear problem. [I suspect is it still not totally gone].

25) Chatted with Zoom after agessssss :)

26) Realized that I am better at learning things when the learning is in an Audio-Visual format.

27) Had a cavity this year :(

28) Figured out that my sleep cycle is dependant on me and I am not dependent on my sleep cycle. Managed a 12-8 AM sleep cycle for over 2 weeks (which I thought was impossible).


Well I am sure a lot more things happened but can't remember anything more. This is a nice long enough list though.

See you in 2009.

1 comment:

Cosmic Joy said...

Happy New Year!

Here's wishing that this year ends on a better note than what it started with :)