Wednesday, February 20, 2008

One night at an Ashram...

Got to Mathura and stayed at an Ashram for 1 night. There were MANY firsts that happened that night. All of which I don't want to experience again.

Never felt that cold.

Never had coal smoke killing my eyes. Also killing my lungs I am sure.

Never seen my fingers turning blue before.

Never seen SO MANY mosquitoes at one time in a room.

Never seen someone become an ace mosquito killer after just learning the art (my cousin from abroad). I guess he got a lot of targets to practice on.

Never had such a laugh seeing paste on the floor - our tap drain opened up over a drain on the floor instead of going into it.

Never slept in socks before.

Never though of not changing into my pjs because it was too cold to get out of my regular clothes.

Only one before have I slept (at night) in the same clothes I was wearing the whole day.


Never wished I was more exhausted so that I could fall asleep faster.

6 comments:

Solitaire said...

You back?

Deepali said...

Yup

Solitaire said...

More details.

annucool15 said...

Hope you have many GOOD firsts in your next trip.
Btw I've linked your blog in my new 11th blog ;) This one blog is with a motive (I guess you might guess it) ;)

Solitaire said...

what ashram?????

Cosmic Joy said...

Wow .. you sure were outside your comfort zone! Congrats on surviving :)