Saturday, May 19, 2007

Sadho Re (Yeh Murdo Ka Gaon) by Agnee

The song is brilliant and the video is even more brilliant.

You have to check out this video (one of the best I have seen this year) -



You can also get the video and some information on Agnee at MTV - http://www.mtvindia.com/mtv/music/features/07/04/agnee/index.php

Can't put my finger on why I so totally love the song.

The lyrics are great - even though a lot of people think they are lame or corny. I think Kabir was a great poet and nothing about Sadho Re (the poem) is bad.

I mean just the line Yeh Murdo Ka Gaon has so much impact. I think it very aptly describes us and our world.

The music sounds different which is great.

The video like I said it totally mind blowing. That little girl is so fantastic. The best part of the video is the moment her ice cream falls and she starts crying. It could be that I am reading it wrongly but the man banging into her and making her drop her ice-cream is the final trigger to everything that has built up already inside her with everything around. She wouldn't have cried if something hadn't affected her personally I believe. Which is the case with all of us. We only really act / react when we go through something personally.

Happy Watching!!!

[So the reason I am posting about the song twice is that I realised that people are searching for the song and coming to my blog but since my blog hasn't had a deep crawl that exact post doesn't show up and lots of people find content they aren't interested in]

No comments: